Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A weekend and a li'l romance

So much had happened since my last blog. The IPL, a month long Elections, Lankan war on LTTE, French Open, Cannes Film festival to Round 1 of T20 world cup.

Friday morning had arrived and i was happy that ill be having a weekend in hand.The daily ride on a rik to the office was gettin' a little monotonous. But that day was different. A short haired pint sized cutie got into the auto and sat next to me. The rik as usual was a little crowded.I don't know what made me take notice of her. was it because she was sitting too close to me or was it the way she was balancing her frame so as not to fall on me and yet keep the distance between us to almost nil.
I don't know what happened to me but yes i seemed to take a special liking for her. 'Sweet child of mine' ringing in my head soon gave way to soft romantic ballads. Finally when I got down from the rik, I made sure my cutie sees me give her the 'look and the nod' which to me was to convey" girl i'm impressed". Little did i realise that miss cutie doesn't know my dumb charades codes.

Ben had arrived by the time i reached home. Meeting him after 5 long years. Ben has still got his laid back style and swagger intact. He is here for his divorce after almost a year of marriage.
I was confused. Didn't know what to ask or say.Ben helped in breaking the ice once we started serving the drink and wanted to party on Saturday night too.
I didn't know on what basis to justify this partying.. broken marriage or return to bachelorhood ?

Saturday Morning i was all ready to see if I would bump into Li'l Miss Cutie again. In fact I waited 15 minutes before hiring a rik, but she wasn't there. Maybe I'll be Lucky on monday.

We did Celebrate Saturday night... not for any broken marriages but for Ben's health n future life.We went to 'Mugs n Motors' . They don't play any rock these days, play more of the gang n the bang kind of music.
I seriously don't understand most of this music and always wonder when many a doe eyed beauty request songs that praise 'Yo mamma' as if they were all making belated mothers day dedications. May be they concentrate only on the 'move' and 'shake' of those songs.Anyways its cool to see people dance to hiphop..laidback style.
We all danced......without movin' the feet though!!..But it was fun. Enjoyed the night boozin' and hoggin'.Woke up late the next day. Sundays as always, I don't rest in peace.

Finally it was Monday. Unlike the other Mondays, I felt good waking up early and gettin' ready for office. A smile on my face, a song on my lips expecting to see Miss cutie..
I waited for 15 minutes expecting her any moment, But She wasn't there.

So i cursed myself and my ego for standing there in the sun waiting for 'Anamika' and hurried into the rik to reach office. Angry n Embarrassed I sat there for some time.
Suddenly I heard a sweet voice next to me....
I saw Clear pretty eyes, wavy hair, a dimple that i couldn't take my eyes off from....
A new li'l Miss Cutie. She was on the phone talking with someone and suddenly the inevitable happened. The rik on an indian road is never a smooth ride and this cutie was trying her best..'balancing her frame so as not to fall on me'.I heard a familiar ring ...
"Sweet Child of Mine" played in my head again giving way to Soft romantic ballads....

4 comments:

  1. very nicely written :)
    was this your experience or just fiction???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought u would mention about what happened to your cutie in the next blog. Kya hua.. still searching ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

      Delete
    2. Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

      Delete